Wednesday, 17th Aug 2016
The King and Queen Vaults, The Brewery
Golang UK 2016 is proud to work with Ardan Labs to bring to you two options for a full day of training on Wednesday, 17th August 2016, a day before the conference.
Both course options are a full day (9am-5pm) of hands on immersive training with top professional golang trainers. Tickets include breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks. Please bring your laptop; power and wifi will be available.
Ultimate Go Workshop
Instructor: Cory LaNou
If you are new to Go or have only been coding for less than a year, then this class is for you. Take a 7 hour tour of Go learning the specification, implementation and idioms to help make you a better Go developer. The class is going to be dense and fast paced. If you love the Go In Action book, this class makes it come to life.
Level one topics:
- Language Syntax
- Arrays, Slices and Maps
- Methods, Interfaces and Embedding
- Concurrency and Channels
Recommendations for level one enrollment:
- Studied CS in school or has a minimum of two years of experience programming full time professionally.
- Familiar with structural and object oriented programming styles.
- Has worked with arrays, lists, queues and stacks.
- Understands processes, threads and synchronization at a high level.
- Has worked with a command shell.
- Knows how to maneuver around the file system.
- Understands what environment variables are.
Advanced Go Workshop
Instructor: William Kennedy
If you are seasoned Go developer and have even worked on a project or two, then this class is for you. In the first part of the class you will take a deep dive into mechanical sympathy and data oriented design within Go. In the second part of the class, we will show all of the Go profiling tooling and help you better understand and debug your programs.
Level two topics:
- Mechanical Sympathy and Data Oriented Design
- Benchmarking and performance
- Memory tracing and comparing
- Go execution tracer